What is 1:1 Coaching?
1:1 Coaching sessions deliver individualized support in a caring environment!
Our coaches work with you to hone in on your goals and areas of interest before developing a structure for your workouts. For those new to the idea of 1:1 Coaching but familiar with “personal training,” here’s a breakdown of what these sessions can include:
- Joint mobility/stability exercises
- Bridging the gap from rehab to activity
- Strength & endurance work
- Olympic lifting
- Sport-specific movements
- Learning/refining good movement patterns
- Core strength & integration into movement (Pilates)
- Movement evaluations (FMS)
We have a Whole Athlete approach to working with our community – health, wellness and performance has many more components than just exercise! 1:1 Coaching with Strive & Uplift can have other areas of focus to address your needs as a Whole Athlete:
- Health/mindset coaching
- Customized programming
- Intuitive eating guidance
- Running technique work
- Self-care/recovery plans
Why Strive & Uplift?
We take a team approach to personal training at Strive & Uplift. Each one of our coaches offers their own unique skill set, and we want to make sure you get the absolute best coaching for your needs! There are so many aspects to health and wellness, and our coaches have a huge variety of expertise in these different areas. We often ask each other’s advice, and if clients are interested in working with multiple experts, we love to collaborate in designing programming and coaching!
We know the value of human interaction, but want to make sure we’re caring for everyone’s physical and emotional safety! We offer virtual and in-person sessions both outside and in training facilities. Due to the pandemic, in-person sessions are subject to change and specific health measures in response to state and local health guidelines, as well as coach and participant comfort.
We offer a wealth of resources to all our members, including those who do 1:1 Coaching! Click here for more information.
Flexible Pricing Structure
The ability to work with a coach one-on-one shouldn’t be reserved for only those who can pay top dollar!
There’s so many reasons why someone would want to work individually with a coach! Past traumatic experiences from gym settings, recovery from an injury, guidance through a difficult pregnancy, the list goes on! It’s important to us that we come together as a community to support quality education and guidance for all.
We use our flexible pricing model to allow people to pay a range of prices – if your situation allows you to pay more, you can do so knowing that your support will go towards subsidizing others who have less means. Together, we can keep our services and expertise accessible!
How it Works
- People with more access to money, family wealth, and overall financial stability pay more for the same services than those who are less financially secure. That way, everyone pays closer to a similar percentage of their expendable income for our services. While the world still runs on money, this is the best way to ensure our coaches can continue providing awesome instruction and support to everyone!
- As you decide whether you should pay more, less, or the same amount as our starting rates, you’ll consider the following:
- Your household income
- Your access to family assets & wealth, or assistance you provide to your family
- Your debt to income ratio
- The relative costs of meeting your basic needs (e.g. do you need to spend more than others on healthcare?)
Value of 1:1 Coaching
1:1 Coaching sessions deliver individualized support! You and your coach(es) invest in each other in a relationship built to serve your needs. Our coaches offer their expertise, collaborate as a team to solve problems, and constantly develop our practice as movement professionals. It’s an intimate and highly rewarding way to develop new skills, get support and accountability, strive for your individual goals, and know that you’re working with an expert who’s focused on you!
Determining what to Pay
You can use this chart to help decide what the right price is for you. Everyone’s financial situation is informed by the interactions between income, wealth, debt, and varying costs of basic living expenses. Consider where you fall in each of the categories presented to determine your overall financial position.
This chart is offered solely as a guide to help you decide the rate that’s best for you. It’s impossible to capture everything, which means you may have specific circumstances that aren’t reflected here. Ultimately, the choice is yours — we’re trying to lower barriers, not put more in your way!
With your coach, you can decide whether to pay each time you have a session, or if you want to buy multiple sessions up front. You may want to buy multiple in order to commit to a training plan or feel that sense of investment in yourself!
Sessions are typically 55 minutes long, but that’s subject to change according to COVID guidelines for in-person sessions. The price points listed below are before sales tax is added, which is currently 10.25%.
|Income||– Unemployment without UI or disability|
– Employed marginally or in a criminalized sector (not by choice)
|– Unemployed with UI or disability|
– Underemployed compared to cost of living
|Stably employed at around the median income, with ability to cover unpredicted expenses||Stably employed above the median income, consistently have disposable income||Stably employed well above the median income, consistently have plenty of disposable income|
|Family of Origin Assets / Wealth||– Family has no assets or debt is more than assets|
– No access to family
– Family relies on me for help with basic living expenses
|– Family has some assets|
– I sometimes help my family of origin or chosen family with basic living expenses
|Family has assets, like a house they are paying off||– Family has many assets, like a paid-off house|
– I will inherit a house and/or a small amount of money
|– Family has many assets, like investments|
– I have or will inherit wealth
– Someone else paid/pays my housing or down payment
|Debt:Income Ratio||My debt is from basic living expenses such as food, rent, utilities, healthcare, childcare||My debt, including student loans or car loans, are more than my yearly income||My debt, including student loans or car loans, is about the same amount as my yearly income||Less debt than yearly income||No debt|
Ready to explore this coaching option? Please fill out the 1:1 Coaching interest form so we can connect! After we digest the information you give us, we’ll connect you with the coach that we think will best suit your needs – they’ll reach out to schedule a free 30-minute consultation with you!